Modern Peonies

I saw this modern quilt pattern of five large blocks that just 'float' on the bi colored background. 
I couldn't find the pattern anywhere so I sorta just made this up. I have long coveted this Michael Miller design 'Peonies'.  I never wanted to cut them up so this quilt seemed perfect!

(please don't ask about the pinwheels.  They are put aside for now, just too many quilt tops to finish and not a lot of time LOL)
Will do better lighting shots as I quilt it.  I really loved when I had it between that lime green & bright blue but I didn't think many folks might be interested in buying those colors so I toned it down to the pale yellow.  I really wanted to put some lime green with tiny blue dots but that sort of ruined the 'floating' block.  Even as piping unless I would have put it around the blocks first.  
Since I was making it up as I went that was all an afterthought that didn't make the cutting table.  


While at Joanne's getting white batting I found this lovelie!  I only got half a yard as it was $12.99 a yard (For Joanne's that's pricey but just LOOK at it!!)  I see orange and grey quilts in my future! 

But I have  a couple more things brewing like this...
found those dots awhile ago in the remnant bin!  
With the grey & just plain muslin it looks very masculine to me.  Can't wait! 

Happy Sewing!

Comments

Popular Posts