Sea Life Beaded Quilts


As many of you know, I do commissioned work.
I adore beading with a purpose.  I had made the Sea Dragon in 2014 for this collector and in 2015 she commissioned another. The Octopus Garden. At the same time I found a scrap of wonderful batik that made the Sea Turtle so I finished them in tandem ( since I had all the beads out (and this takes a 6 foot table full to bursting for a couple months) and she ended up purchasing the Turtle too, much to my chagrin.  I really wanted him for myself.
 I recently visited her at her home (to pick up cat treats of all things) and she showed me how she had  them framed.  The colors are true in these photos.  Not so much in the framed shots below.
I can't believe I forgot to post the photos of works from last August. Time flies!

th











choosing the binding 











Imagine how gobsmacked I was when I visited my collectors home & saw she had shadow box framed each one and they were proudly on display in her hallway!  I totally gasped and no, these photos don't do them justice.  For whatever reason my camera phone (samsung*sucky*5) just couldn't get them right and in the very narrow hallway of this gorgeous 100 year old Spanish style home it was impossible to get them straight on. 

so hard to get the true vibrant colors.  
She said the only regret she has is that she can no longer touch them and feel the beadwork.  
I don't blame her. 

I have plans to make a 5ft long reef soon.  I have all the pieces and beads and now just need the time! 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts