Mosiac ATC

I'll be mailing these out Monday to the ATC coordinator.
They are 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches.
Mine are entitled 'Your secret's safe with me."



All the embellishments sit atop a gorgeous piece of hand made paper I found. That paper was fused to tyvek for support. Originally, I was going to put lots of things on top but I just didn't like any of what I had and was really drawn to just the simple red piece in the center. This first one is a gift for the coordinator, I like it because it has the rough edge of the paper still on it.



Though simple; there were a lot of techniques going on here. 1. The red 'tablet shard' was made from rolled out sculpy; I took a large rubber stamp that was all script and pressed it into the sculpy and then took a knife and cut it into rectangles. Once it was cured; I painted the surface with acrylic ink.



The 'tassel ends' are all from Bolo ties I collected from a friend. The dark green material was actually a silk carrier rod that I dyed with Calligraphy inks. I sewed them down with some hand dyed embroidery floss.



The Chinese emblems were cut from a bangle bracelet I got at a Claire's store in the mall a few years ago. I affixed them as well as the shards & tassels with glue prior to sewing them down for added security. Then I added the beads. These were really fun; but I hate sewing through ultimately was 2 layers of fabric, tyvek & thick hand made paper that made the substrate.

Popular Posts