Christmas Tree Quick Tutorial

Quick Steps to recreate some trees of your very own!




prepare your base with your favorite fusible. I used mistyfuse but heat and bond works well also.

Open your scrap box or bag and DON'T OVERTHINK IT grab, snip and place.


Get ready to free motion quilt once you have ironed your pieces to the backing. Drop those feed dogs and go.go.go.!

I prefer aurifil thread as it won't break when I'm going really fast. 


press your piece from the back when done stitching.  Decide how tall you want your trees. I wanted lots of shapes so I used my ruler & made some quick shapes onto the backing of an old calendar. I just trace them onto the fabric



You will need two each, front & back.  


Then pair them up; and zig zag edges closed, leaving bottom open.

You can stuff them, then zig zag bottom closed leaving the small hole for the dowel. 

I'm not putting instructions for dowel & base.  I went to Michaels & got dowels and drilled the blocks with the hole to match.  My friend Joanell had her husband do the nice flat bases & larger dowels. 

I don't have a drill press or table saw so you can figure this part out with what works for you. 

At the very end you can stuff them. leave the opening at the bottom. stuff then close leaving just enough room for the dowel. 


You can add hand stitching, paint, trims, etc.  

Have fun! 



Comments

  1. Stacy girl....you are a genius and so generous to share your talents.
    Wishing you continued success in all you do,
    LuAnn Kessi
    luannkessi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I appreciate the feedback! My friend Joanells idea but I've Christmased mine up a bit!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts