Handmade Clutch

Got this pattern from Pink Sand Beach Designs.
I love small purses. In my quest to not having to carry one at all and to rather thumb my nose at  the ridiculously overpriced name brands that can fit small cars inside; I have taken to making my own.
Last year I had made the hand embroidered roses on separate pieces of batik. i never had a plan and so they were left to languish in a cigar box.
In trying to decide what fabrics to use for this clutch and thinking of what embroidery I wanted to do I remembered the roses.
I did needle turn applique to put them on the black batik ground. Then filled in darker leaves to couch them all together.
The finished clutch reminds me of old Victorian needlepoints. I am so happy to be able to use the roses I made.




Comments

  1. It does look like a Victorian needlepoint. It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts