A Whimsical Commissioned piece

 (click on images to make them larger)
A friend asked me to interpret her poem in an art quilt that will be given to her niece who is 4.  This is the final interpretation.

I don't do whimsical well; it is always a stretch for me but I liked being able to use my regular and felt buttons in combination.  I was happy to use my own calligraphy in such a fun, lighthearted way. 

 The colors of the work make me want to eat it.  Border fabric was a gift scrap from my friend Peggy.  I love whimsical material; I just have no clue how to use it! LOL

Finished size is 26 1/2 L x 14 1/2 W.
I have one more commissioned piece I need to start now; so I'm off to sew!! 
Can't wait to see everyone at Long Beach!!! It's next WEEK! WHOOT!!!

Comments

  1. Well done Stacy, your calligraphy is really beautiful! Lucky little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so envious of your writing skills. It's very colorful and I love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's awesome!

    i'm going to try and drive down next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's beautiful, and Jess's niece will love it, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts