Using some Calligraphy Scraps

There's always test scraps I have when putting hand lettering aka calligraphy on fabric when I demo it's versatility to my students in workshops.

I have a big pile to choose from. Rather than toss them I thought it would be fun to test my Sizzix machine and the hexagon template.

After cutting  just a few the thin die seems to lose its edge and then scissors are used to complete the task.

I placed the cutouts on heavy broadcloth. Then randomly machine stitched them in place.

Still not done. Used my favorite "Art is" stencil and moulding clay.  Works just as well on cloth as it does on paper!

Some light inking to blend colors and then cut to 5x6" and matted on heavy cardstock. 

Final step adding hand stitching to secure final layer.

Comments

Popular Posts