Accepted!

YAY!  My quilt entitled 'Moon Sisters' was accepted into the 'Black & White with a twist' exhibit for Quilts On The Wall!  The exhibit will debut at the International Quilt Festival in Long Beach
July 26 - 29,  2012
and will continue on to Pennsylvania National in the fall of 2012 and then to Pacific National in 2013! 
Here it is!

The lyrics of Sting's song, 'Sister Moon' is 'woven' into the branches (via my handwritten calligraphy) as I envision music floating in the night to settle and catch on tall trees where it entertains their inhabitants.
And the back: 

I loved that white raven on black so much all I can say is:   
stay tuned...
Thanks for looking!
  

Comments

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE
    █ ─ ─ ─ ─ █ ▀ ▀ █ ─ ▄ █ █ █ ▄ █ █ █ ▄ ─ █ ▀ ▀ ▀
    █ ─ ─ ─ ─ █ ─ ─ █ ─ ▀ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ ▀ ─ █ ▄ ▄ ▄
    █ ─ ─ ─ ─ █ ─ ─ █ ─ ─ ─ ▀ █ █ █ ▀ ─ ─ ─ █
    ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ─ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ▀ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you make the coolest graphics! Thanks! (and give Miss Nellie Ms. Stella's xoxo we are very happy she's back to herself!)

      Delete
  2. it is wonderful - wish there was a first prize cause you would get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks joanell! There are so many fabulous pieces I can't wait to see the collection!

      Delete
  3. That's beautiful, Stacy! Congratulations, both for bringing such a lovely thing into the world, and on getting it accepted for the exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Marjorie, I really appreciate the compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is absolutely STUNNING!
    Elliott's passing has allowed me to find you. I am forever grateful to him, as your art has lifted me on a day I so very much needed it.

    Father Raven would approve of you depiction of his other-whiteness.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts