Mod Pillows

Inspiration! 

Like most quilters, I don't live in a vaccum.  I love looking at others work and being inspired by them.   Recently I saw this quilt online  (while reading Hunter's article on pricing your work. ) and fell in love with the idea.  
g
Last night I reviewed my stash for some fabrics that I could match up with my grey (that isn't as dark as the one above) and make a mod pillow.  
 I uncovered  this fabric that I love, but just never could figure out what to do with it.


So I cut strips (2 1/2") trying to get the purest row of color.  After seeing just the green, yellow, orange and two reds together,  I did't like the two reds in the same design.  I dove back into the tiny 'floral' section of my fabric drawer and found the blue.  The pattern matched very closely with the others.  I love the way it worked out. 

I remembered also I had little tins of buttons in primary colors that would make more interest so I grabbed those too.  



But later, when reviewing the photos I took on my camera phone (which works wonderfully as a reducing glass for values)  I noticed something in the tiny thumbnails I had taken. 


Wouldn't it be cool to make a quilt like this?  All night I thought about it.  But after working all day, coming home, getting ready for  Halloween and trying to tidy up for my art-group meeting for Friday night I didn't get a chance to start.  

Once the trick or treaters left I flew in there to see if I would have enough to do this.  Sadly, I don't have enough of the blue.  It took an hour to find the blue I used so I know I don't have anything else in there.  I will shelve this idea till I have some extra cash to go get some.    

Just as well, I have three or four larger quilt tops that I need to quilt & get up on my Etsy page. (work,work,work)

As luck would have it, I did find this lively collection that will work great with grey so we'll see what comes out of this. 


I'm eager to quilt the pillow and get it done just to see how it will turn out. 

Hope you had a nice Halloween and didn't eat too much candy!

Happy Sewing! 




Comments

  1. I love the pillow and your idea for the quilt is awesome! I do believe I have that blue if you need it. I bought both of those colorways in Portland a couple of years ago, and I've never known what to do with it either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pillow top so far looked great in person last Friday. You are on a roll!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts