More Table Runners

Here is the second one I made today.  I fell in love with the bird fabric and used it on a commissioned piece earlier this year.  I'm finding that making these table runners uses the left overs to great effect.  I may find it hard to put this one up on my Etsy. 


On the design wall.  




needless to say when making lots of small projects all at once fabric does in fact, fly.  While reaching for my ruler & Havel scissors I found love... Apparently I needed to see that. 


This was the first one I made today.  I was dying to use this kitten fabric paired with the grey for something.  happy that I remembered the table runner idea since all I had was a fat quarter of it.  I would have liked to bind it but the pattern simply called for the pillow case type finish. 
The back fabric.  That was a small piece of material I had leftover from a CatNip Quilt. 
I love popping the colors with that dove grey field. 

And here it is quilted.  This was fun. 





My favorite part was putting those string lines linking one to the next.  
The original quilt designs were cool but they weren't mine. I wanted to make it just a bit different. 


I made this little table topper last night from a few scraps of the larger project using that jelly roll. 
I love stitching the long straight(ish) lines.  

The back can be used also.  

I have loved using this jelly roll so very much.  The colors are very fun and the polka dots make me smile! 

The very first thing I did this morning was quilt this one (see previous blog post for full view)


I do like the floral
I chose the combo of the Random Baptist Fan and the leaves stitch. I like putting them together. 


My pile is getting bigger! 


Happy Sewing!  

Comments

Popular Posts